best size 4 soccer ball
Which size 4 soccer balls are the best?
One of the most recognizable and beloved sports in the world is soccer, and it’s not hard to see why. You can play it almost anywhere, and the only equipment required is a ball. However, whether you are new to soccer or are an experienced soccer player, finding the perfect soccer ball for your needs can be a challenge.
If you’re looking for a durable soccer ball with a fashionable design, the Adidas MLS soccer ball is a first choice.
What to know before buying a size 4 soccer ball
Here are some things to consider before buying a soccer ball.
What size soccer ball do I need?
Soccer balls come in five sizes and increase in size.
- Size 1: These are designed for skill development, but you can also use them for babies or toddlers. They range in size from 18 to 22 inches.
- Size 2: This option is between 20 and 22 inches and for players under 4 years old.
- Size 3: Junior soccer balls are size 3 and measure between 23 and 24 inches. Players age 8 and under using a size 3 football.
- Size 4: These balls have a circumference between 25 and 26 inches and are intended for players 8 to 12 years old.
- Size 5: Full size soccer balls are size 5. They have a circumference between 27 and 28 inches and are used in all games, tournaments and leagues for ages 12 and up.
Types of Size 4 Soccer Balls
- Professional and match balls only come in size five as they are intended for high school or college games and the World Cup and other football tournaments.
- Training soccer balls are available in different sizes and are the most popular footballs available in stores. Most players use practice soccer balls for unofficial practices or matches.
- Indoor and futsal soccer balls are slightly different from outdoor soccer balls to ensure they bounce and fly through the air appropriately.
- Beach soccer balls are slightly softer and more comfortable to hit barefoot.
What to Look for in a Quality Size 4 Soccer Ball
Here are some features to look for in a size 4 soccer ball.
The outer layer of a soccer ball is called the cover. While soccer balls were traditionally made of leather, they are not water resistant and become waterlogged when played in the rain. For this reason, the most popular materials used to cover a soccer ball are now synthetic materials like polyurethane or polyvinyl carbonate. They are both durable and economical.
A soccer ball typically has between six and 32 panels, which are the octagonal shapes on the outside of a ball. The number of panels can determine how the ball travels through the air. Balls with fewer panels are generally faster and slightly less stable, and more panels provide more control.
The innermost part of a ball is called the bladder and holds air. The most commonly used materials are butyl and latex. Butyl bladders are usually found in more affordable balls because they are not as comfortable when kicking. In contrast, balls with latex bladders are generally more expensive as they are softer on the foot.
How much you can expect to spend on a size 4 soccer ball
Depending on the material and brand name, size 4 soccer balls can cost between $8 and $100.
Size 4 Soccer Ball FAQs
Can I use my soccer ball in the rain?
A. Most new soccer balls are made of synthetic leather, which makes them water resistant and usable in the rain. If a soccer ball is made of a different material or does not have taped seams, water could seep in and the ball becomes waterlogged. However, most soccer balls are designed to be used in all weathers.
Should I buy a specific color football?
A. While soccer balls are traditionally black and white, modern soccer balls now come in all colors. Therefore, unless a coach or referee specifies a color, you should be able to choose any soccer ball color you prefer.
What is the best size 4 soccer ball to buy?
Top soccer ball size 4
What do you want to know: Designed based on the look of the official MLS match ball, this soccer ball is ideal for any activity.
What you will love: Soccer players will love playing with a ball that looks exactly like the official MLS match ball. It also features machine-stitched construction and a butyl bladder, making it a durable choice.
What you should consider: The balloon needs to be inflated and it comes with hard-to-remove stickers.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Best size 4 soccer ball for the money
What do you want to know: Football players who prefer the look and feel of a traditional ball will appreciate this affordable option.
What you will love: This economical soccer ball is machine stitched and does not move on quality. It has a synthetic leather cover for durability and a butyl rubber bladder to retain its shape and inflation.
What you should consider: Some users have reported that the stitches separated after just a few uses.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Worth checking out
What do you want to know: Those looking to increase their training and take their skills to the next level will appreciate this smart soccer ball.
What you will love: This ball does not require batteries or charging. It connects to the DribbleUp app, which offers workout feedback, graduated breakdowns of your performance, and you can use it indoors or outdoors.
What you should consider: A few users had difficulty connecting the app during the training exercises.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Register here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
Bre Richey written for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their buying decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.